Saturday, February 10, 2007

About My Dad

Hi! My name is David. My wife's name is Carolyn. On December 27, 1983, our oldest son, Michael (Mike), was in a serious car accident resulting in a "closed head" brain injury. Mike was airlifted by helicopter to the Prince Georges Hospital Emergency Center. In February 1984, he was transfered to Mount Vernon Hospital for therapy and released in the summer of 1985. The accident left him blind and with other cognitive challenges. As a result, Carol and I have been full time caregivers. The good news is that Mike has a great attitude and loves the Lord. He encourages us. He comes up with some great wisdom. That gives us hope. I hope to share some of his encouragement and wisdom in this blog.

We attend the Southern Maryland Brain Injury Support Group. They help us know that "We are not alone." We want you to know that you are not alone either.

No comments: