Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Answer

I received this comment from Alistar who lives in Brisbane, Australia: "There is a little girl about 12 years old here in Brisbane Australia, confined to the bed or the wheelchair, unable to feed herself or talk. She's been like this since birth? How can God use her?"

Alistair, thank you for your comment. Believe me, I can identify with the pain of the family. Mike can identify with the pain of the little girl. After my son Mike was in the car accident, he was hospitalized for over 18 months. He came out of that coma very slowly. For most of this time, he could not walk, talk, or feed himself. Initially, we fed him by hand--with an eyedropper--drop by drop. As you can imagine, after many months this wore us out and the nursing staff attending him. We had to agree to begin feeding by a tube inserted into his stomach. I constantly asked the question "Why Lord?" and how God could possibly use this situation to work for good. The only answer I can give is found in Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

I have learned that all things are working for "His Good and His Glory" and not what I think is good. My definition of good centers around me and my comfort. "His Good" has an eternal purpose. His purpose and plan for that young girl and her family was developed by a loving God before time began. I don't pretend to think I have all the answers . But through it all, I have come to realize that "He is the answer." I must totally trust Him each day and every step of the way.

I asked Mike what he wanted to say to the young girl. His reply "Ask-keep on asking and you will receive. Seek--and keep on seeking and you will find. Knock--keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you. We serve a God who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all we can ask, think or even imagine. There is nothing impossible with Him."

Alistair: Mike and I believe in miracles. We are praying that one is heading your way.

No comments: