Monday, February 12, 2007

Taste and See

Yesterday, at the church I go to, the pastor gave a good object lesson. He took a cookie out of his pocket and tried to describe to the congregation what it tasted like. That was hard to do. It would have been hard for me too. He asked what we thought was the best way to describe how it tasted. Everone agreed--SHARE! The ushers passed out cookies for everyone to taste. Then when he told us how good the cookie was, I understood. I had experienced that goodness for myself. In the same way, I have experienced the goodness of God but it is hard to explain--just like that cookie. When you have experienced His love and goodness it is easy to communicate and to celebrate His love. I hope that everyone who reads this post will do like the bible says--taste and see that the Lord is good. Then you will understand why I love to share that goodness. Thank you Lord for cookies.

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." Psalm 34:8

No comments: