Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Don't Lose Heart

So we do not lose heart [we don't get discouraged]. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed every day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us [right now!] an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison... (2 Corinthians 4:16-17 RSV)

Sometimes, I just wait for God to tell me to do something. But the New Testament never instructs me to do that. Its message is: God is with you; therefore reach out, risk something, venture, move out, plunge in, try something new that you've never done before and trust God to see you through it. The promised result is a life enriched beyond your wildest dreams.

"Lord, help me to venture out for You today. Help me to get out on a limb where the fruit is."

No comments: